You might be wondering if putting a diffuser in your home will help you deal with the dry air.
During the winter, the air has very little moisture and is almost completely dry.
It’s a bigger problem in hot places with fast-moving winds and less than 50% humidity for months, which irritates the skin and makes the eyes itch.
Many people wonder if diffusers can act as humidifiers in these situations and keep the right amount of moisture in the air.
- Essential oils can help improve health when used in diffusers.
- Ultrasonic diffusers and other types of diffusers add enough mist to help add water to the air, which helps with the dry air.
- But diffusers, like nebulizers and evaporative diffusers, don’t send out enough vaporized water.
In this article, I talked about how all types of diffusers can help increase the amount of moisture in a home and if you should buy one.
I also talked about a good diffuser that can be used as a humidifier.
Table of contents
- Different kinds of diffusers and how well they work to change humidity
- Example Of A Humidifying Diffuser
- Frequently Asked Questions About Diffusers
- Wrapping Up
Different kinds of diffusers and how well they work to change humidity
The best diffusers for changing humidity levels will vary depending on the specific needs of the room.
For example, some diffusers designed for small spaces may not be powerful enough to generate high humidity levels in larger rooms.
Conversely, some more powerful diffusers may not be effective in smaller rooms due to their noise level or smell.
In the end, it’s important to try out different kinds of diffusers before choosing one that’s made for the room’s environment and needs.
Evaporative diffusers have been used worldwide for centuries.
- These diffusers have the most simple design and use wicks or sticks for the conversion of liquid into a vapor state.
- You do not need to prepare a solution as they spread your favorite fruit scent in the surrounding space themselves.
- Modern-day versions of this diffuser may also require you to add beads to the tank. Moreover, they contain some chemicals that aid the quick diffusion of essential oils.
When it comes to bringing the humidity to a medium level, evaporative diffusers are not an appropriate and appreciable choice.
Because they produce an oily mist with insufficient water.
Therefore, it is better to consider looking for this diffuser only if your focus is to improve certain health conditions or relax yourself while working in a peaceful environment.
I recommend buying a medium-sized humidifier if you already have a diffuser in your home.
This humidifier quick guide can help you with this!
Another type of diffuser that has traditional value is the heat diffuser.
- They have a unique aesthetic appeal, and people also use them for decoration purposes.
- They work by burning the oil, which is usually in a glass container.
When it comes to their multi-purpose functionality, that is, increasing the water content in the air, they are not suitable.
As they heat oils to transmit them, the aroma saturates the area but has no moisture, which won’t help.
Hence, you should discard this option as well if the climate is mostly dry or you have stoves and gas heaters in your home.
Nebulizing diffusers also called atomizing diffusers or atomizers, are ideal for those who want to fasten the healing process and benefit from essential oils’ therapeutic properties to the fullest.
Compared to other products, they produce a strong scent that you can quickly notice.
Here, oils are diffused in their pure forms, and no other liquid is added to dilute them.
There is a high possibility that you have gotten the answer to the query in consideration.
If the air in your house already contains medium or high water and you are concerned about experiencing pure oils, only then should you search for a good-quality nebulizing diffuser.
Among all kinds of diffusers, ultrasonic diffusers have gained immense popularity in the last decades due to safer handling and several options for controlling fragrance production in the air.
- First, you make a solution of a few drops of essential oil and plenty of water in a diffuser’s reservoir.
- The ultrasonic plate or disc starts vibrating when you turn it on and creates ultrasonic waves.
- This process will properly incorporate the essential oil into the water, making a solution.
- Next, it will convert the liquid into microdroplets and send the cool, scented mist across the room.
You may also want to read how ultrasonic diffusers produce steam without heat.
It is perfect for those who are fond of mild fragrance and just want to calm their tense muscles.
These products not only provide health benefits but also help normalize the humidity in the atmosphere.
It is due to the fact that they send oils that are heavily diluted, thus spreading a large stream of moisture as well.
Those who suffer from skin and respiratory issues often due to warm areas or stay in air-conditioned rooms for hours should consider purchasing ultrasonic diffusers.
Example Of A Humidifying Diffuser
- Diffusing essential oils is a perfect way to relax, dispel odors, and create an aroma-filled atmosphere of peace and harmony.
- The diffuser’s 11 different light settings can be turned off or on independent of diffuser function.
Last update on 2023-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Desert Mist diffusers by Young Living have ultrasonic discs for functioning.
They are available in a beautiful white pot and use enough water for mixing with essential oils.
At an attractive price, these products allow you to enjoy both benefits: inhaling pleasant fruity fragrances as well as increasing the moisture level in your home.
The improved quality of air will also facilitate a night of sound sleep and prevent unpleasant feelings in the respiratory passage and throat as well.
Desert Mist Diffuser comes with different settings so that you can run it according to your desire.
I highly recommend checking out this Young Living product on a shopping website.
You may also want to read what’s the best water for Young Living Diffusers?
Frequently Asked Questions About Diffusers
Can I diffuse essential oils around my cats?
Highly diluted oils should not result in allergic reactions in cats.
Some oils that are safe for cats and other pets include copaiba, frankincense, chamomile, and lavender.
How do you unclog a diffuser?
Adding 10-20 drops of white vinegar helps remove any residual oils stuck on the diffuser’s walls. Run the product for a minimum of 5 minutes.
The solution of water and vinegar will gradually remove the oil and other unwanted materials, cleaning the assembly.
What is the lifespan of a diffuser?
The lifespan of a diffuser depends on the quality of materials in the diffuser unit and particular brand. Most of the diffusers last for approximately 4000 hours.
Generally, companies manufacture diffusers to spread essential oils efficiently, mainly for aromatherapy, their major purpose.
Therefore, most of them are not appropriate if someone wants to increase the humidity in the atmosphere.
Some diffusers, especially ultrasonic ones, use more quantity of water with oils and therefore can be used to help with dry air.